Friday, November 20, 2009

Long day! Lots of updates!

So to start the morning off Ethan and I got ready and went to pay a bill. While at the bill place a lady looks at us and says "Oh whats wrong with him?" Well...normally I would say it's just a monitor to make sure he's ok. But I don't know what it was that pissed me off about her, I think it was just the way she asked but my response was "nothings wrong with him.whats wrong with you?" She looked at me funny then walked away.

We then went to the ped appt and Ethan was everything but thrilled about it. He is now 9lbs 3oz and 23in long! They said he is growing excellent! He now has trush so he is on meds for it and it will take a few weeks to clear up. I cant believe this poor baby is sick with yet again something else. It seems like everytime I turn around the poor kid has something going on. According to my dad thats just how it is when you have a baby (that doesnt make me feel any better though.) Otherwise they said what they thought was a viral infection in his eye from the cold..isnt a viral infection at all. It is a clogged tear duct. They showed me how to massage it and they said if its still a problem at 9 months he'll be sent to a eye dr. Then if it's a prob at 12months he will have surgery to unclog it, though the dr said she is certain it will clear itself up soon. The dr also looked at Ethan's legs and said she isn't sure why the nicu said he has low tone in them, she said he is excellent. I asked about the monitor and the dr told me that we will take him off of it at his next appt which is dec 21st. She said she wanted him to be on it for the full 2 months just to be sure that everything was perfect then we are done WHOOO HOOO!!!! I HATE that monitor. I love the purpose it serves and I am sure that once it's gone I'll worry to death, but as of right now I hate it :) Im pretty sure that is everything at the peds office. If I think of something else Ill add it later.

Now onto walmart.....AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! I went to walmart to fill the prescription. I dropped it off and explained that I dont have Ethans ins card yet but I gave them my husbands. They said " Oh thats no problem at all, itll be ready in 30min" I walk off and start to wonder through the store with Ethan in the stroller. Well lady #1 walks up to me and says "oh he's so little, I cant believe your taking him out already" I responded "he had a dr appt and a prescription to be filled thats why were out" she said "oh" and walked off. At this point I was already a little aggravated but brushed it off.On we went to the christmas stuff and Ethan decides hes gonna have a melt down. He began screaming so I was trying to get him out to hold him but I couldnt get him out quick enough so he got super mad and loud and his alarm went off. At this point everyone in this area was staring at me giving me dirty looks but I STILL brushed it of and just calmed him down.Once he was calm I walked over to the pharmacy to see if the meds were ready ( i gave it 45min) and they said to give them 10 more min. So I walked to the books and then walked back. At this point a hr has passed since I dropped off the script and they told me it would only be 30 min. I asked the lady at the counter if it was ready and she said "oh theres a problem with the insurance go to the drop off window and theyll help you" UGH!!! Ok so I go to drop off and they ask me for Ethans card, I explain again that I dont have Ethans card yet that i told them that earlier and they said it would be no problem. So I had to show them Greg's card again and they called the ins company...Ins said Ethan isnt on the policy!!!!! I have had him added 4x's now..youve got to be kidding me. So the lady at the counter was trying to talk to me and the ins company was on the phone and Ethan decides he wants to scream again...setting off the monitor yet again..and the lady in line behind me says "My God, whats wrong with him" I had had enough! I turned around (baby still screaming monitor still alarming" And responded "Theres not a damn thing wrong with him what the hell is wrong with you..I suggest you mind your own damn business and get the hell out of my way" apparently I embarrassed her bc she walked away quickly.I then calmed Ethan and resumed trying to figure out the ins thing. It ended up that I had to just pay for the meds out of pocket and if I can prove he is added to ins I can get a refund. I have called ins who told me gregs hr dept has to call them so I called her and she got mad ans said she has but she will call again and then call me back. I still haven't herd once I finish this post I am going to call them back again and see whats going on..Ops gregs hr just called!! She said he is added and everything is taken care of, that if I go back to the pharmacy they said they will refund me.So I guess Ill be doing that here soon.

Then I got home at 145 and i had a at home appt with the early intervention nurse at 2. The appt went very well!! Ethan was very upset (I think he had just had enough for the day too) but Kathy (our nurse) said Ethan has empressed her very much.She said he is scoring between 1-3months on all of his evaluations (hes 1 month old today!) and she said his weight baring and legs movement is amazing.She is concerned a little with the way his left foot is still turned in and that he doesnt seem to have as much strength in his ankles as he does in the rest of his legs so we are going to have physical therapy come out sometime before christmas (i thought they were coming today but she said that the lady that is assigned to us went on vacation and wont be back till the 2nd week in dec) anyways we set 6 goals for Ethan to achieve in the next 5 months and Im sure my big boy will meet them all!!

Well I think thats about it..Im going to eat something real quick then go get my refund!

No comments:

Post a Comment