Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The holidays and recent appts.

What's this?Ethan's first time being spoon fed!
lMommy and Ethan



Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've had my hands a bit full lately!
Christmas was wonderful! Ethan got so much stuff I couldn't believe it! Who would think people would go all out for a newborn! We ended up going to Greg's Maw Maw Campbell's on Christmas eve,then his Maw Maw Whitaker's, then Dad, Lisa and Lee Lee came over. Christmas morning Greg,Ethan, and myself had our own little event then that afternoon we went to Greg's parents. Needless to say I will NOT be doing all that again. It's so hard to drag a baby,diaper bag,and presents all over town...they can come to us for now on!

New Years was nice, Greg,me,Ethan,and our friends Bryan and Trey hung out at my house and my sister and her friend Lauren came over to eat with us! We took a few pics so Ill add those here too!

Jan. 4th Ethan had his MRI and everything went fine,though I was a nervous wreck the entire day.I got the results on Jan 7th and they weren't exactly what I was expecting. I honestly thought that they were going to say there was nothing in the sac except for fluid. But instead they told me that there are nerves in the sac as well intangled into each other, as well as the membrane that keeps the spinal fluid in the spinal column is ruptured. The surgery is going to be March 1st. Dr. Heneger doesn't think Ethan will lose bowel/bladder nor will he lose leg/feet feeling/movement.BUT it is a risk.He also told us that Ethan will more than likely need repeat surgeries throughout the span of his life to keep correcting the nerves bc they will continue to grow back and get caught in the scare tissue. If the nerves go uncorrected then Ethan will ultimately lose the feeling/movement/bowel/bladder anyway.So the best option is to try to correct it.I was also told at this appt that Ethan has a cyst on his brain.I was told not to worry about it that they will just keep a eye on it and that was it. I am concerned about it but I am not going to research it bc all it will do is lead to more worries.

I almost forgot to add that I have been spoon feeding Ethan 1x a day and he loves it! And he makes some of the funniest faces sometimes! But overall he loves it!

Anyways, that is the past few weeks in a nut shell! I promise I will start updating more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment